Sustainable Building Resources
The Guild empowers people through education to transform the built environment for long term sustainability.
As 2014 comes to an end, we want to acknowledge the Guild programs that successfully enact our mission. Our work this year included the following amazing and influential programs and events, along with notable outcomes:
- Vision2Action Series – encouraged strategic conservations among highly engaged participants.
- Code Innovations Database – Chris van Daalen successfully completed a two-year contract with Thurston County; the CIDB now has 30 incredible case studies.
- Seattle, Olympia, and Portland monthly and quarterly educational sessions - more than 1000 attendees learned practical green building knowledge and skills.
- NW Green Home Tour – with our partner Built Green, we recruited and trained 70+ volunteers, boasted 35+ site hosts, received 20+ sponsorships, plus inspired 1,000+ visitors.
- Seattle Green Pages – ESP Services again produced a fantastic publication and the Guild’s partnership with Natural Awakenings increased our positive impact.
- EcoBuilding 2014 – we transformed our annual Retreat into a one day urban event at the Impact Hub in Seattle with more then 130 attendees.
- Seattle & Portland Green Building Slams – this was a record year for the Seattle Green Building Slam; and these events combined energized more than 450 people total.
These events and programs were made possible (and successful!) through the hard work and generous support of Guild members, volunteers and our 2014 Sponsors! Thank you!
We have been very busy behind the scenes as well, and are excited for transformative changes in 2015 that will further our mission and increase the positive impact of our programs. We seek to :
- Empower Chapters to invest more energy toward community-oriented education and events by removing overhead and governance responsibilities
- Seek grants and donations to fund critically-needed consultant positions
- Move toward a competency-based Board of Directors <link to Nominations announcement page>
- Extend the reach of the great local work to the rest of the region