The NW EcoBuilding Guild has partnered with leading jurisdictions and innovators to offer a pilot training workshop on the Code Innovations Database to local jurisdictions and through our regional education partners. The goal of our training is to empower people to learn, lead and collaborate for code compliance methods that facilitate green building innovations.
NWEBG Staff Consultants will provide on-site on telephone technical assistance to any jurisdiction wishing to incorporate the Code Innovations Database into your Building Permit Center (on-site TA limited to W. WA and NW Oregon. Contact our Principal Investigator for more information - email@example.com or (360) 789-9669
Future Offerings: Code Innovations Curriculum
The pilot workshop is part 1 of a larger Code Innovations Curriculum for builders and code officials now in development that covering a range of strategies and tools for facilitating efficient compliance and reducing code barriers to innovation, based on successful examples from around the Northwest and beyond.
The complete code innovations curriculum will be a 20-hour curriculum available in 2-4 hour modules including both theory and practice - including classroom instruction, field work and site-based demonstrations. Curriculum Modules will include:
- Alternative Materials and Methods - non-prescriptive compliance cases, model programs and trends
- Evolving Green Codes - trends, factors and innovations driving advanced building codes
- Innovative Code Collaboratives and Initiatives - best practices and leading examples of multi-jurisdictional and public-private partnerships advancing green codes
- Information Sharing and Incentives to reduce code barriers to innovation
- Code Innovations Database - Integration with local jurisdictions permit center for research and education/outreach
The full curriculum is in conceptual development, and will completed and published as soon as possible, contingent on available funding and resources. Can you help?