Code Innovations Partnership
A regional collaborative effort to reduce code barriers to
green building, high-performance design and technology, and other code innovations.
Pacific Northwest Municipalities are invited to become Founding or Supporting Partners
in this unique and timely partnership, and be forever recognized as one of the founding cities, counties and organizations who helped create it. Unlike its other programs & events, the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild does not accept sponsorship from private companies* in support of the Code Innovations Database Project
The Code Innovations Database:
- provides free public access to information on successfully permitted green building innovations
- provides free public access to innovative code language being adopted and used in other places
- encourages sharing of information among code officials, code users such as builders and contractors, and the general public
Ultimately, we all have a stake in the health and sustainability of built environment. In addition to sharing information, the Code Innovations Partnership will support and participate to create opportunities for open public discourse, through events like the Vision2Action Symposium Series, and through intra- and interjurisdictional consultations which will hopefully follow.
The database was released to the public on Earth Day - April 22, 2014. We are:
- offering FREE informational display containing case studies on permitted innovations.
- populating the database with case studies on projects from jurisdictions like yours
- working with innovators and emerging green professionals & students to do research and networking
For more information, contact us by email or call Chris van Daalen, Principal Investigator, subcontractor to the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild: (360) 789-9669
*"does not accept sponsorship from private companies" does not preclude charitable donations from companies or individuals in support of Code Innovations. "Sponsorship" means payments from outside entities for which the payor expects return of beneficial services or privileges.