n11 Clearwater Commons
Location1402 194th St SE Bothell, WA 98012
The Clearwater Commons will provide an unusual tour of a wide range of eco-building techniques including low impact development, 4 new green homes built on pin pile foundations, a passive home - the "Mini B", comprehensive stream restoration project, and solar energy.
The Clearwater Commons was started in 2006 and is on 7 acres of beautiful streamside property in Bothell. After 6 years of permitting process we are just completing the first four homes out of 16. The Co-Housing project is one of the most deep green and comprehensive low impact developments in the Puget Sound region.
- A streamside restoration project has just been completed demonstrating the latest techniques in joint flood plain management and salmon enhancement.
- The property is a zero discharge low impact development including pervious pavement, bioswales, raingardens, green roofs, and pin-pile foundations on the homes.
- The new homes include many green features including advance framing, passive solar, heat recovery ventilators, rain screens, rain gardens, and pervious paths.
- One of the first certified passive houses in the state, built by community college students, called the Mini B is located here and is open for tours.
- There is solar hot water and solar PV on site together with an adjacent school and green home remodel of an old farmhouse.