Mid-Century Modern EcoFit
Location205 Chambers St. NE Olympia, WA 98501
Jessica Liederbach, ReMax Four Seasons, Realtor
Come marvel at the Mid-Century Modern charm! This 1960s home in NE Olympia has unique architectural details inside and out. It will get a major “Eco-Fit” for the Green Tour – a deep green remodel with energy efficient upgrades, healthy interior makeover, and salvaged / reclaimed materials.
Follow Jessica's blogging and photo updates on Facebook! Call her at 360.556.3878.
The EcoFit will proceed through February and March with a number of major projects on the front burner. It will be staged and FOR SALE during the Green Tour, featuring new upgrades:
- Additional R-30 in the attic of blown-in EcoBatt Insulation, adding to existing R-19 for a total of R-49
- Underfloor insulation, with high recycled content, low-VOC compliant batts
- Install SolaTubes for daylighting and solar attic fan for ventilation
- New 96% Energy Efficient gas furnace
- New energy efficient windows, U-value of .23 and lower, installed right!!!
- Deep green Kitchen remodel includes new Marmoleum floors, reclaimed Windfall Lumber Countertops, and low-VOC stains from 510 Interiors
- Refurbished Stainless Steel kitchen appliances
- Refinished hardwood floors with low-VOC wax-oil product
- Bathroom remodeled using salvaged lumber and eco-friendly "Swanstone" product for new shower & bath walls
- All “Water Sense” shower and faucet fixtures
- Kohler “EcoSmart” commodes
- Solar Hot Water heater from Global Green Energy Corp
- Rainwater harvesting barrels to water new flower garden and planter boxes
- Pervious Concrete Patio will be installed outside
- All edible and sustainable landscaping and rainwater plan designed and installed by DeVa Designs
- Salvaged/vintage light fixtures
- Zero to Low VOC paint
- Before and After Energy Audits by Thurston Energy
This home is part of a walkable, livable community, convenient for the bus or bike commuter, and is within walking distance of services such as downtown and grocery.
As a Realtor, my experience is that home buyers who purchase homes in the Northeast, Westside and South Capital neighborhoods buy their homes for the charm and location, but are disappointed there are not more options for a "green home" consistent with their values, such as reducing their overall carbon footprint. My goal with this project is to showcase the many available options to remodel and retrofit a home so that it is in harmony with an owner's values, while staying within a reasonable budget that pays for itself in increased home value.