w/ Marnie Lett, Edie Dillman, JD Scott, and John Bacon Event Date: May 25,…
This backyard cottage was designed to be selective and efficient in the use of materials and building location, as well as the installation of energy efficient systems. This project represents both a preservation and a re-invention of what sustainable Seattle neighborhoods can be.
- Upcycling features include the salvaged granite counter tops, a vintage dresser repurposed as the master bathroom vanity, and reclaimed ship lap cladding
- FSC certified car decking
- Paints are low VOC
- Windows are Fibrex composite (reclaimed wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer) rather than vinyl
- Energy Star rated 22 SEER mini-split heat pump
- All electrical fixtures and plumbing fixtures are Energy Star rated
- LED Lighting
Visit the site’s project page for more information!