Education Session – Getting Down & Dirty with Carbon
September 23 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Getting Down & Dirty with Carbon – From the Ground Up
Understanding Soils and Building Your Carbon Footprint Better
Our round table panel will take us on a tour int the dirt we move, disturb, and build upon as we seek a more sustainable future. We will learn some of the basic ecosystem services soil can provide, how important soil chemistry and soil ecology can be to our overall worries about the atmospheric carbon balance.
We will also get “down” wit experts in the civil and geotechnical engineering fields. We will conclude with some thoughts on soil restoration and design as well as a story about regenerating farmland and soils with recycled gypsum waste.
- Brittany Johnson – Soil Chemistry – School of Environmental Material and Forest Sciences, UW
- Daniel Vogt – Soil Ecology – School of environmental and Forest Sciences, UW
- Michael Gomez – Geotechnical Engineer – Civil and Environmental Engineering, UW
- Joy Wood – Restoration – Restoration Analytics Design LLC
- Andrew Arthur – Director of Sales and Marketing – American Gypsum Recycling
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Mighty Energy Solutions
- King County Green Tools
NWEBG Members – FREE / Non-Members – $10