Journeyman Carpenter at Model Remodel
1111 W Nickerson St
Seattle-based general contractor, with a focus on green remodeling and new construction, is looking for a skilled, experienced Journeyman Carpenter to complement our great team. This person is a motivated, honest, and reliable individual and who will bring professionalism and building experience to our company.
We are seeking a carpenter with a minimum 5 years of experience in residential remodeling. Green/sustainable building experience a plus. High level of rough and finish carpentry skills required.
Our Journeyman Carpenter is the second in command on the job site and provides strong support for the job site Supervisor with day-to-day project operations, tasks and installations. The Journeyman will perform hands-on carpentry in all phases of a project.
The Journeyman can comprehend architectural drawings/construction plans and upholds quality control standards at all times. The Journeyman assists in maintaining project schedule by working closely with the Supervisor, crew and subcontractors.
Please note: This is not a Supervisor/Superintendent/Foreman position.
- Must maintain, promote, and enforce a safe, clean job site and work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, responsible, punctual, dedicated, well presented and extremely hardworking.
- Must excel in multi-tasking. Tasks include, but not limited to: Demolition, rough carpentry, framing, finish carpentry, drywall, painting and all aspects of residential construction, remodeling, and maintenance.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license, good driving record AND reliable transportation.
- Must have general personal tools including: nail bags, hand tools, power tools (e.g. cordless drills, saws) etc.
Why Model Remodel? Some Benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – We offer a choice of medical plans as well as prescription drug benefits
- 12 paid vacation/sick days (increases by 5 in year 3)
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Employer match retirement plan (optional)
- Open door communication – Easy access to management and owner
- Staff events – friendly, fun coworkers with regular staff outings, meetings & events
- Annual Tool Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Other Perks – Mileage reimbursement, company uniforms, cell phone allowance (for eligible employees)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can learn more about our company at our website, www.modelremodel.com/company/employment
Thank you for your interest.
Model Remodel was founded in 2002 on the principles of quality, personal and professional excellence, and the belief that building and remodeling can make you smile. Many of our employees have celebrated 5, 10 and 15-year anniversaries with us, which is what makes MRM the exceptional company it is today. We’re always on the lookout for great talent. We hope you’ll join us!
Please Apply using the link below:
Posted on 03/01/2021 by: emmazimmerman