Multifamily Green Building Project Assistant at O'Brien360
710 2nd Avenue, Suite 925
OʼBrien360 is looking for another person to join our residential services team. Weʼre a small group of people who geek out on building science in multifamily buildings, in pursuit of healthy, comfortable homes with a smaller footprint on the community and the planet! Weʼre as comfortable at the table(or a video call) with architects, as we are with contractors kicking the “tires” on construction sites. We like to do things OUR way, and our clients seem to like it!
The residential team focuses on supporting project teams in their progress towards sustainable, market rate, and affordable multifamily residential buildings ‒ from pre-design through occupancy. Our clients span from experienced affordable and market-rate housing developers (both for-profit and non-profit) to small, first time property developers who have never built a building before. Our projects are mostly in the Puget Sound area, but we also currently have residential projects in Alaska, California, Oregon, Eastern Washington and Colorado.
As Seattleʼs primary LEED for Homes Provider, we do A LOT of LEED work, but our goal is to always recommend the best tool for ourclientsʼ particular needs. Therefore, we are engaged in the whole rainbow of other rating systems from PHIUS + and the Living Building Challenge, to Built Green, NGBS, ESDS and ENERGY STAR. Our staff holds Accredited Professional, Rater and Verifier credentials for all these programs. If you know what these mean and the idea of working with them is exciting to you, then consider this position.
- Uphold and advance O’Brien360’s Vision and Mission.
- Assist residential project managers and Green Raters with project coordination and providing technical rating system services, including technical assistance to project teams, supporting meetings, assisting on field verification site visits, and preparing rating system
- Assist with client communications and manage workload to meet schedules and
- Support cross-team coordination by working with Building Performance and Commissioning teams.
- Participate as an active member of the Residential Services team to help manage workflow, improve processes, and market services.
Knowledge in and experience of
- Residential sustainable rating systems, such as LEED, Built Green, ENERGY
- Construction and building science.
- Associate degree or 2 years equivalent experience in construction, design, engineering, environmental science or building science technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in clearly communicating technical information.
- Ability to interact on a professional level with design and construction professionals.
A strong work ethic and efficient work style, including the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, including advanced skills with Excel, Word, and PDF editing, such as in Bluebeam; fluency using file sharing and project management cloud-based programs like Smartsheet: and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with computer programs to compile well-organized documents.
Experience and credentials that are also valuable:
- Bachelorʼs degree in construction, design, engineering, environmental science or building science technology.
- Experience with design specifications and/or construction submittal
- Experience with energy auditing, commissioning, or facilities management in existing residential and commercial buildings.
- Sustainable building credentials ‒ such as LEED for Homes AP, LEED Green Rater, HERS Rater, ASHRAE or BPI Building Analyst, Built Green Verifier. Green Advantage Associate, Certified Passive House Consultant, PHIUS+ Verifier
- Broad experience in sustainability from policy and planning through to operations and maintenance of the built environment.
- Experience developing and delivering trainings; in-person and in creating webinars.
- Be able to carry equipment (occasionally up to 50 lbs) up stairs and maneuver through construction job sites safely.
Important skills for working remotely:
Due to the current circumstances of working from home full-time during COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, these skills are especially important for success in this position:
- Be able to engage effectively with clients and other staff through online tools, including chat, email, telephone, and video conferencing.
- Be conscientious of your screen presence when on video conferencing, maintaining a professional appearance and background.
- Be able to work independently and be accountable to other team members and the company.
- Be comfortable with setting up your computer and home workstation, and troubleshooting computer issues, with the assistance of our remote IT personnel.
- Be transparent and proactive with your team or supervisor about issues with your home-work environment so that they can be quickly addressed.
OʼBrien360 can provide training opportunities for related professional credentials for the candidate who has a passion for sustainable building work and the right mix of project management experience and interest in the technical knowledge needed to deliver at service levels expected at OʼBrien360.
To apply, please send a single file in PDF or Microsoft Word format to email@example.com. Please use your full name (last name first) as the file name and use “Multifamily Green Building Project Assistant Job Application” as your email subject.
This file should be no more than 3 pages and include:
- a cover letter that describes how you heard about the job, why you are interested in it, and why you are strong candidate.
a one-page resume that highlights your relevant experience.
three references (email address and telephone number).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
OʼBrien360 strives to create an inclusive, cooperative workplace. No employee of the company will discriminate against an applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference, veteran status or any physical or mental handicap. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions.
Posted on 03/16/2021 by: firstname.lastname@example.org