w/ Carissa Iris Nelson, Tim Schultz, and Matthew Salenger Event Date: July 26 2023…
By JGA Consultants and Buck Tide Construction
As a Zero Energy Passive House (ZEPH) this backyard cottage offers a two bedroom, two bath home on two levels. The passion behind this three year collaboration with Catie Chalplan of the Wood Technology Center is to show that a small efficient living space can be healthy (continuous filtered fresh air), comfortable, beautiful and have a level of energy performance that reaches the Net Zero Energy level on an annual basis.
- The upper level was built over two years by students in wood construction at the Wood Technology Center
- 2×8 SIPS walls and 2×10 SIPS roof
- Triple pane Eurotek tilt-turn windows
- Zehnder heat recovery ventilator
- Energy Star rated appliances
- PowerWise energy monitoring system and domestic hot water sourced from a Sanden CO2 heat pump system located in the main house.
- The exterior of the upper module is sided with Nakmoto cyprus Shou-Sugi Ban vertical siding source from Japan.
Visit the site’s project page for more information!