w/ Lucas Johnson of Vali Homes, Jason Todd of TimberHP, and Jonnie Peterson of…
By Targa Homes and certified by Built Green
The defining feature of this project is the extensive use of 100+ year old reclaimed lumber, deconstructed from local buildings by Sledge Seattle. While the use of reclaimed lumber is becoming more common in finish applications, this home was framed with 90+% reclaimed Fir.
- Airtight construction was facilitated by AeroBarrier to passive house level (0.044 CFM/SF)
- 47% lower energy consumption than an equivalent code-built home
- Installed ERV
- All-electric home include a hybrid (heat pump) water heater, ductless heat pump, and electric radiant heat panels
- Diamond Pier foundation
- Layer of Graphite EPS (GPS) rigid foam above the sheathing
- Greenhome Solutions cork flooring and Madrone butcher blocks
- All paints and coatings are low to zero VOC
Visit the site’s project page for more information!