w/ Marnie Lett, Edie Dillman, JD Scott, and John Bacon Event Date: May 25,…
The defining feature of this project is the extensive use of 100+ year old reclaimed lumber, deconstructed from local buildings by Sledge Seattle. While the use of reclaimed lumber is becoming more common in finish applications, this home was framed with 90+% reclaimed Fir.
- Airtight construction was facilitated by AeroBarrier to passive house level (0.044 CFM/SF)
- 47% lower energy consumption than an equivalent code-built home
- Installed ERV
- All-electric home include a hybrid (heat pump) water heater, ductless heat pump, and electric radiant heat panels
- Diamond Pier foundation
- Layer of Graphite EPS (GPS) rigid foam above the sheathing
- Greenhome Solutions cork flooring and Madrone butcher blocks
- All paints and coatings are low to zero VOC
Visit the site’s project page for more information!