w/ Marnie Lett, Edie Dillman, JD Scott, and John Bacon Event Date: May 25,…
Tsuga Townhomes set out to resolve this paradox of low cost and high quality, working to achieve excellent sustainable design while balancing the construction cost proforma. The 3-unit urban infill project was completed at a cost of $185 per square foot–a 54% reduction in cost from the Seattle average, while raising the bar for design and sustainability.
- The project fits 3 dwellings on a 5,040 square foot
- Green roofs and bioretention planters, captures rainwater for plantings and reduces runoff
- Energy efficient mechanical systems
- Four Star Built Green Certification
- Creative possibilities for materials, spatial layouts to minimize design costs
Visit the site’s project page for more information!