w/ Carissa Iris Nelson, Tim Schultz, and Matthew Salenger Event Date: July 26 2023…
This family home in West Seattle was built in 2017 to meet the highest standard of sustainable construction, becoming the second ever Built Green Emerald Star certified home in the city. The owners’ goal was to build a comfortable and healthy house to raise a family while having minimal environmental impact and costing no more than a similar-sized existing home.
- DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Certified
- Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score of zero with solar PV (41 without PV)
- 9.9 Kw Solar PV array
- ENERGY STAR appliances, including ventless heat pump dryer and induction cooktop
- 100% LED lighting
- High-efficiency heat pump for heating and hot water, and heat recovery ventilation
- On-site rainwater capture and storage of up to 10,000 gallons, filtration system to supply entire house with drinking water
- Low- and no-VOC paints, finishes and adhesives
- EPA Indoor airPLUS certified
- FSC certified lumber for interior framing, flooring, trim, doors, windows, cabinets, siding and fence (mostly sourced from Greenhome Solutions)
- Over 90% of construction waste recycled
Visit the site’s project page for more information!