w/ Carissa Iris Nelson, Tim Schultz, and Matthew Salenger Event Date: July 26 2023…
The West Side Second Story Addition was designed by Leo Smith Architect with the goal of increasing square footage while preserving the first-floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
- 475 High Performance Building Supply provided a modified Smart Wall System including cellulose insulation and smart vapor barriers provides a highly efficient envelope.
- “Glavel” – a recycled glass material – insulates below the foundation.
- Re-finished the existing wood and added onto for a seamless flow.
- Minimize scope and cost creep by maintaining the existing kitchen mostly as-is.
- Infrared radiant ceiling panels by Mighty Energy Solutions.
- Hardie siding and Boral trim make for a super durable exterior.
- The existing deck of the home was recycled.
- Repurposed antique furniture for the master bath vanity, LED lighting throughout, VOC-free interior paints, and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
Visit the site’s project page for more information!