Event Date: September 22, 2022 Speakers present on the following topics surrounding multifamily housing…
The West Side Second Story Addition was designed by Leo Smith Architect with the goal of increasing square footage while preserving the first-floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
- 475 High Performance Building Supply provided a modified Smart Wall System including cellulose insulation and smart vapor barriers provides a highly efficient envelope.
- “Glavel” – a recycled glass material – insulates below the foundation.
- Re-finished the existing wood and added onto for a seamless flow.
- Minimize scope and cost creep by maintaining the existing kitchen mostly as-is.
- Infrared radiant ceiling panels by Mighty Energy Solutions.
- Hardie siding and Boral trim make for a super durable exterior.
- The existing deck of the home was recycled.
- Repurposed antique furniture for the master bath vanity, LED lighting throughout, VOC-free interior paints, and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
Visit the site’s project page for more information!